Friday, October 18, 2013

Book of Me #4 - My Favorite Season

I knew this would be an easy prompt for me! My favorite season is definitely SUMMER! Long, warm, sunny days make me want to spend every waking moment outside! The flower and vegetable gardens have really taken off by then and we start to bring bright, fragrant bouquets and fresh produce inside.

Living in Nebraska gives Summer a whole new meaning, though. At the beginning of July, the thermometer quickly climbs to 100+ temps with sometimes 100% humidity and stays there until after Labor Day. After working inside with cranked up air conditioning for eight hours, I can't wait to go out to my hot car and let the warmth envelope me, sinking into my bones, cooking me to my core.

My favorite place to spend a Summer day has to be at a beach in Southern California. Nice 80 degree days, full sun, and a cool breeze coming in off the ocean. That's where I feel the most FREE. The most MYSELF. I was reminded of this last year when Dane and I went to Huntington Beach.

Here's a video of our encounter with a Seal (no! a dolphin!) hahaha... I could spend every day for the rest of my here. Bring on those lazy, hazy, crazy days of Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment