Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Kreativ Blogger Award

It's been a big week for me!  I got my first blogging award, started communicating with Angeline Harris ("the" WAIT researcher), and started a new job!  Whew!  My apologies to Regina and Missy for taking so long to get this post up. My cup runneth over.

Thank you, Regina De Leon aka: Kinfolk News for awarding me with my very first blogging award!  What a great surprise!

By the time I got around to finishing this entry, I received a second award from Missy Corley at Bayside Research in Maryland.  She was already on my list of favorites, so right back at'cha!

Apparently, I need to write 7 things that you don't know about me and then nominate 7 blogs of my own.

So here it goes!

Seven Things About Me:

  1. I am purpose-driven and devoted to improving my quality of life by focusing on things that actually matter. My new job is at Target and it allows me the flexibility to work on my projects without selling my soul.  After suffering from extreme burnout and an eye-opening back injury in 2007, I left my corporate travel job of 11 years to pursue a career in Life Coaching. It turned out that I was better suited to "receive" than to "give" in that field, so I'm no longer coaching but I do stay in close contact with my friend and coach Brenda Rosaaen from Montana. She's been through a lot with me in the past couple of years and I highly recommend her if you're looking for a Life Coach.

  2. When I run across a quote that I identify with, I like to write it on a colored index card and hang it where I can see it a lot. One of my latest favorites, "Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become." -- Gandhi

  3. I like things the way I like them. That's why my blog has changed at least three times since I started it. If it doesn't have the right feel, I can't get past it. I'm a little obsessive like that. So I taught myself how to install WordPress and customize it to my liking. It took me away from blogging for a couple of weeks, but I just couldn't get past it! I'm now helping Brenda design her new site (slow and steady wins the race, right, Brenda?).

  4. I'm deliberately nurturing my inner artist and going through The Artist's Way program (more about that later).  A few weeks ago, I looked out the window and really fell in love with the way my neighborhood looked with the changing of the season. So I ran outside in my PJs and slippers and took a few pictures of my neighbors trees.  One of those photos is in my header on this site. It's my neighbor's tree and I love the way it turned out. Here's hoping that Santa brings me a new camera for Christmas! And just in case Santa's reading this now, here's my Wishlist!  Ho! Ho! Ho!

  5. I'm really affected by color. My office is lavender, the living room is a light green, the bathroom is blue and white, the kitchen is in the midst of a paint job right now and will be the same color as the living room!  We're planning on knocking out the top half of the wall separating the kitchen and living room, so we're planning ahead!

  6. I have a dent in my head. (that explains a lot, right?)

  7. Here are some of my current favorites:  Books:  Right now, I have bookmarks in The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan, and Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I also read Johanna Lindsey books on occasion and various personal development authors!  Movies: Office Space, The Princess Bride, and Yes Man!

Seven Blogs I Enjoy Reading:

Amber Dawn Abroad - My friend and former roommate Amber just moved to London!

Davis/Williams Family Tree - A fellow WAIT researcher and awesome new blogger.

Brenda Rosaaen, Life Coach - She hasn't updated it for a while, but it was one of my favorite reads and I can't wait for her to start blogging again! I'll update her link when we get her new blog platform off the ground, but for now you can read through her musings. =)

A Multitude of -sens

Bayside Blog

TJLGENES

Valentino's Wife

1 comment:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kathy Wait Myers, Felicia R Mathis. Felicia R Mathis said: RT @KathyWaitMyers: [blog] My Kreativ Blogger Award - http://ow.ly/EFNA #writing [...]

    ReplyDelete