I spent this afternoon posting burial information on Find A Grave! Find A Grave is a site where you can add and request photos of the headstones of your ancestors. This comes in really helpful for genealogy research not only for the names, dates, etc... but because it's actual physical proof that this person existed. You can also gather clues by looking at who is buried around them and whether the headstones or last names match.
- Submitted 16 Memorials, mostly for Fleming and Wait family
- Added 18 photos, including 2 of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Ruby, NE
- Added 3 photo requests for Grandma Wait's family
- Left virtual flowers on the online memorials, neat if you can't visit the grave personally.
- Added 4 Virtual Cemeteries that are organized for my Wait, Fleming, Kunz, and Hartsock lines so it's somewhat organized!
- Finished adding all of the photos that I took at Mount Pleasant Cemetery so far.
- Added myself as a photo volunteer in my area!
My experience with the site so far has been awesome! It's pretty intuitive. I especially love the Quick Add feature that lets you add multiple people to the same cemetery. I do wish there was a way to add husband/wife to the same photo instead of loading it twice. Might save them some bandwidth and storage space.
I still have a bunch of photos from the Seward Cemetery in Seward NE and the Elmwood Cemetery in Elmwood NE. I figure I'll just go through them methodically and get them entered one at a time. I hope you'll check the site out and let me know what you think about it!