Monday, July 20, 2009

Late night researching

I was sitting on the couch a bit ago watching Moonshot on A&E (it's about lunar landing) and what should pop into my head?

"I should go to www.deadfred.com and www.findagrave.com to see if Elvie Wait is on there."

Elvie (1919-1920) is my great Aunt Harriet's twin sister who died at 18 months old in Coquille, Coos County, Oregon.  With Aunt Harriet turning 90 pretty soon, we've been trying to locate the grave for her.  So after my show was over, I hopped online to do some "quick" poking around.  I didn't find anything this time.  Dang. What I did find is that I can upload the grave photos that I've taken so that other people searching for our shared relatives can see them.  I tried it out and loaded my grandpa Roy's grave on there and it was pretty easy!  I have probably 40 or so photos still, so I think I'll add them as I think about it.  It might be yet another way for cousins to find me and the rest of the family!

Now that I think about it, I might be able to add a request, though, and see if anyone out in that area can find where Elvie is buried.  As far as I can tell, there's the Coquille Pioneer Cemetery... that sounds like the most likely place right now.  It's worth a shot!  I'm too tired to figure out how to fill out the request form right now, so I'll have to come back to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment