Monday, July 20, 2009

I got sucked into GenealogyWise today...

There's a new genealogy site that just launched on 7/17.  It's like Facebook for genealogists and people interested in researching family history.

There are groups to join... today I joined:

  • Fleming Family Genealogy

  • Military Research

  • Internet Research Tips and Tricks

  • Writing Genealogy and Family History

  • Virginia Genealogy

  • Nebraska Research and Ancestry

  • Long Families in Pennsylvania

  • Ireland and Irish Ancestry

Then I spent all day clicking around in there and learning about websites to search on, etc.  I found a gal who is going to look up my maternal Grandmother in this book about Keya Paha, Nebraska.  And that's all I did!  haha... I didn't do any actual researching.  I just researched how to research.  What a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment